Some exciting news! Croydon’s virtual dance competition has been extended until Monday, 15th March 2021.
A big well done for those that have entered so far and created some awesome dance routines!
We are hoping to see more of you enter as we want to see as much creativity from everyone as possible.
Please remember the competition with the Croydon School Sports Partnership is for Years 3-6, but we are also doing an in-school competition to crown our Heavers Farm 2021 dance champions, which is open to everyone!
Upon entry you will be asked to fill out a form with your parent, describing your dance routine as well as the title of your routine and title of your song. These will need to be sent in with your entry.
The competitions end on 15th March 2021, and the top entries will go into the Year 3-6 London Youth Games.
- Children can do solo dance or as a team (if as a team – separate videos of groups have to be edited together, I’m sure some parents could help the children with this)
- Videos have to be landscape format and the editing together of children from the same team performing a routine in different locations (due to social distancing/shielding) is permitted.
- Graphics, animation or other content is not permitted unless for the purpose of making the dance entry accessible.
- Videos need to be submitted through ‘WeTransfer’ to the school office email.
- They will be forwarded to Attie and Mr Olisa who will make the difficult decision.
- Routines must be between 90 seconds and 3 minutes in duration.
- Music choice must be child friendly/safe so no offensive language.
- Entries must not be copied from any other source, including musicals, music videos, television or social media.
- Here are some dance ideas from London Youth Games: https://www.londonyouthgames.org/sports/dance/primary-dance-ks2/
We can’t wait to see all your creative ideas.
Attie and Mr Olisa