Since Tuesday, 5th January 2021 our schools have only opened to children of key workers and vulnerable children.
This is government guidance during the current national lockdown, and is due to the extremely high prevalence of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), especially in Croydon. Other measures have already been implemented.
This provision is for children in Reception – Year 6. Nursery will remain open as usual.
We have had a limited number of children in school since this date, however, many more families have contacted the school to inform us of their key-worker status. Therefore, we are reallocating the spaces in school from Monday, 18th January 2021 via this survey:
If you are a key-worker and require a space in school for your child, you must fill out the survey before 17:00 on Thursday, 14th January 2021. Please note: incomplete survey responses will not be accepted.
You must provide evidence of your key-worker status in the survey (e.g. work ID badge, pay slip, or a letter from your employer confirming what your job is and how it is critical to the COVID-19 response) to be considered for a place in school.
To check if you qualify as a key-worker, please check the government guidance here. Please note: we have limited spaces, so we are only able to offer places to children of parents/carers whose job is specified on this list.
Due to the limited nature of our provision, if you do not fill out this survey before this date, we will not be able to allocate your child a space. You will not be able to apply via another method; emails, phone calls or blog comments will not be accepted as applications for a key-worker place in school.
Children identified as vulnerable will be contacted by a member of staff to confirm their place in school. If you believe your child is vulnerable and needs to be in school, and have not already spoken to a member of staff regarding this, you should email the school office to enquire.
Please review the conditions of applying for a space below:
The provision will be open from Monday to Friday. The timings will remain staggered in order to keep children as safe as possible. The timings will be:
- Reception: 8:45am-2:55pm
- Year 1 + 2: 9:00am-3:05pm
- Year 3 + 4: 9:15am-3:15pm
- Year 5 + 6: 9:25am-3:25pm
In order to keep everybody as safe as possible, we are following the guidance from SAGE and Independent SAGE. This is as below:
- No parents/carers will be permitted on site for any reason. The adult from your child’s year group bubble will collect and drop-off your child from the school gate.
- All children should wear warm winter clothing at all times, even inside the building. This is due to the heavy ventilation in school.
- All adults and children must wear a face covering at all times on the school site.
- Strict social distancing will take place with all adults and children, even within each bubble.
- Children will be supervised to take part in the remote learning in school.
- Children must not bring anything into school other than their water bottle.
- Lunch will be provided for all children in school.
- Parents must use Dinsdale Gardens entrance only for pick-up and drop-off.
We will contact relevant parents before the end of the school day on Friday, 15th January 2021 to confirm arrangements.