Firstly, thank you everyone for your support in these challenging times. The children have settled back into school really well. All of our pupils have been happy and enthusiastic in school.
We have spent some time re-establishing school routines, re-learning our behaviour expectations, teaching children about keeping each other safe, assessing reading and supporting everyone’s mental well-being during this most difficult of returns to school.
From Monday we will be assessing children, in years one to six, in every area of the curriculum. We will have a whole school focus on a particular curriculum area each day. The children in nursery and reception will continue with the foundation stage curriculum with a focus on the ‘prime areas’ of learning (personal, social and emotional development, physical development and communication and language) along with phonics.
The staff will be posting pictures and updates of the children’s work over the next two weeks, so make sure that you are signed up to your child(ren)’s year group blog.
The timetable is as follows:
- Monday 21st September – Science
- Tuesday 22nd September – History
- Wednesday 23rd September – English
- Thursday 24th September- Religious Education
- Friday 25th September – Computing (KS2)/ Story Telling (KS1)
- Monday 28th September – Maths
- Tuesday 29th September – Design and Technology
- Wednesday 30th September – Geography
- Thursday 1st October – Spanish (KS2)/computing (KS1)
- Friday 2nd October – Art
Thank you again for your ongoing support.