All children and adults who are going on the trip need to be in school by 7.45am at the latest to leave at 8.00am. The children will be back in school by 5.00pm.
Tomorrow we will let you know the arrangements for your class. Parents of more than one child who are coming on the trip will be allocated to a particular class. We have completed a risk assessment for the beach trip, and all staff have been briefed. In order to make sure that children are safe at all times on the trip we ask that all adults remain with the class teacher that they have been allocated to. Swimming is strictly prohibited. We would also ask that if a child wants to paddle in the sea, then a 1:1 supervision ratio must be adhered to. This means that any child who is in the water must have an adult with them and that the adult is only supervising that child.
We have booked 17 coaches to take everyone which means that it will take careful organisation to make sure that all of the children are seated on the right coaches in the safest and quickest way possible. In order to do this these are the arrangements:
- On arrival at school take your child to their classroom.
- Dinsdale Gardens will be closed to traffic from 7.45am this will allow room for the coaches to drive up and down the road without obstruction.
- We would ask that people do not park on the yellow lines as this may block the road and make it impossible for coaches to pass.
- The staff car park will be closed at 7.30am
- Children and families have been allocated to particular coaches, if you are late and have missed your coach then we will not be able to take you or your child even if other coaches are still on site.
A letter has gone home with all children this week. Children who are coming on the trip will have received the BEACH TRIP letter.
For children who are not coming on the trip we are organising fun activities in school for the day. Mr Reid and I will be remaining in school with some of our support staff in order to supervise the children here for the day. For the children who are remaining in school who normally attend Games Club, there will be provision for them until 6.00pm as normal. Breakfast Club will be suspended on Monday.