While all the entries were wonderful in their own way, the fact that Eggstravaganza was a competition means there had to be some winners. It was genuinely difficult to choose these winners but, after some deliberation, we settled on these great entries below. Well done to all who entered.
There were some wonderfully creative entries to the school egg decorating competition today. It was great to see how many people showed their artistic skills. It was also excellent to have so many parents come to view the various creations.
In case you weren’t able to make it, here is a short video showing a range of the eggs…
Following the ongoing expansion of our successful Federation we are currently looking for:
- Deputy Executive Headteacher
- Head of School
- Deputy Headteacher
- Assistant Headteacher/SENCo
- Federation Year Group Leader
- Class Teacher
Working for the Federation of Heavers Farm and Selsdon Primary Schools offers the opportunity for collaborative work across two forward-thinking Croydon primary schools. We can offer unique opportunities within our federation for rapid career development.
We wish to appoint talented and motivated individuals to join the team. We are looking for people who will thrive in the unique environment and perspective of both of our schools and who are passionate about raising standards of teaching and learning and continuing to move our schools forward.
For full details and an application pack please go to our ‘Staff Vacancies’ page.
For full details and application packs please
Some of you may have watched this short film in class last week – http://www.rednoseday.com/schools/learning-fundraising/ngosa. It shows the value placed by a young girl, Ngosa, on her own education. It made me think how important education is to me and what my life would have been like without it. What do you think?
Today is the International Day of Happiness. It was established by the United Nations General Assembly on 28 June 2012, and this year it aims to create a global day of happiness where everyone faces the challenges we face with a smile. Simply put, try to make someone smile today by doing something nice. Comfort a friend in distress, design a happiness card for someone you haven’t talked to before or poster to display on the wall. Whatever you do today, try to do it with a smile. A smile and a kind word will always make someone happy!
To Parents and Carers
We would like to hear your views about the recently written Special Educational Needs/Disability (SEND) Policy. Please join us for coffee and cake on Thursday 16th April 2015 in the small hall – 8.50am – 10am
Your views are important to us and therefore we would like to invite you to give your opinions about the policy, to see if we can improve it further. Please click on the link below for a condensed version of the policy.
The whole policy is available to view and download from the web-site and paper copies are available in the office.
Look forward to seeing you then.
Rodney Reid (Deputy Head) and Cathy Ferri (SENCO)
What you need to know
- You must use at least one hard boiled chicken’s egg (don’t use more than 4 eggs please – they are expensive).
- If you wish to make a background in which to place your egg(s), it must be no larger than a shoebox.
- You may give your design an egg-related theme and title (e.g. Eggs Factor, The L-egg-o Movie, The Incredible Yolk…)
- You must have your name and class displayed clearly on your entry.
- Your entry must be brought to school on the morning of Wednesday 25th March 2015 (not before as we will not be able to store them safely)
- Winning entries will be displayed in the Small Hall on Wednesday afternoon and prizes will be awarded.
- Entries you wish to keep must be taken home on Wednesday evening (we have to dispose of other entries to make sure the school doesn’t start to smell…)
Note: This competition is primarily for children. However, we would love to run a grown up category so tell your parents to get cracking too!